Campus is buzzing with activity as usual. I think activity is one of the synonyms of a good B-School. At any given point of time, you have a schedule which says: Class in 5 minutes, XYZ Committee meeting in another 2 minutes, Case Study submission in 30 seconds beyond which you will never be allowed to submit even if you offer to bail out Lehmann Bros plus pending breakfast, lunch or dinner. You choose and you become what you choose.

The people around you do influence your choices. If I was S, my friend, I would have grabbed rice, bread or whatever could fit into my tiny hands, knocked over a 1000 people on my way, looked continuously petrified, munched the food on the way and yet made it to class. S has a good job history, something very unique. She is meticulous and very hard working which makes me wonder however how can someone so small have a brain with so much data. Yet S has lately been developing this theory that she is 'old' since she is older by a year or so. Typical conversations would include:

Us: Hey, let;s do this!

S: I am too old for this.

Us: We have to ask out people for a date for freshers.

S: It is not my age to do so.

Us: Okay, let's do that.

S: I told you I am old.

Us: Beep


G, on the other hand has only two goals in life.

Goal1: Talk to boyfriend before and after class

Goal 2: Talk to boyfriend between class.

In between, she studies and figures in the top 5 in class.

Incidentally, G is an example of the 'adored-customer' set whom all telecom companies would pay billions to capture. This market typically consists of individuals in the age group of 20-29, preferably doing an MBA. Since this clan is low on time and somewhat sufficient in funds, they usually buy 2 phones. One for the rest of the world. One for the chosen one. Phone number 1 is used only when phone number 2 is not operational. And since this clan is adept at talking discreetly on the phone, you are often wondering if any of the conversation is directed at you.
If you are a roommate, then typical morning conversations would be:

G: Hey! Good morning!
Me: Good morning to you too!
G: So you still won't speak to me!
Me: I am speaking with all the vocal capacity I have.
G: You are still angry with me!
Me: No, I forgive you for yelling at me for trampling on your toothbrush.
G: You will never understand.
Me: It's alright. I see no problem why....
G: Listen, tell you what, meet me on Sunday!

Now, since this conversation is getting absurd by the minute, I turn around to see that G is on the phone as usual. I turn whatever pink shade is possible at 7 in the morning and return to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment