A bugging booking time...

JK Rowling should sell the powers and spells that she elaborates in Harry Potter. Why? For the sake of this post, so we can apparate, disapparate, use floo powder and what not instead of travelling by road, rail , water or air. You might think travelling is not so bad. Of course it is not, it is booking tickets that is so cumbersome.



It is a sprightly Friday morning, veering towards noon when I enter the hallowed portals of the Bangalore cantonment station. The queues, as usual are very long. But I have filled in all the forms, so I walk into the farthest left queue and stand.



And I stand in the same position for another hour. (If I hadn't kept moving my legs, I would have become a certified wax statue to be placed at Madamme Tussauds. They should be glad to have me. ;) )



The wait irritated, frustrated and bugged me so much that my mind finally started working and I made a list of orders that I would issue to be carried out at reservation centers if at all Laloo thought I could be made rilway minister for a day.



1. Cleaning with brooms, vacuum cleaners or simply showing off the latest cleaning equipment the Railways possesses must be done on holidays. Most of us come after taking a bath at home. Drenching us with dust is not exactly the best way of improving the hygiene of the Indian public.



2. Anybody who waits till he has reached the counter and then proceeds to fill in his form, much to the wrath of the waiting queue will be made to stand at the end of the queue and as soon as he reaches the counter, will be made to go back again. This will be done until everyone gets bored.

3. People who think that standing in the queue is the best time to set your ringtone, while playing and testing all the horrenduous ones, will be made to stand in front of the entrance and made to sing any crazy song on demand. Any coins falling in the bowl before him will go to the Rainways Harassed Passengers Refreshments Fund.

4. People staring at other people for more than 15 minutes will also not be spared. They will be blindfolded and let loose. They will have to complete the reservations proceedures like that, he he.

Well, the list of crazy rules is really long. The Indian public can get really creative at this. I think we should just improve our system a bit more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment